Search Your Need

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Fixing Credit Report - New Step

Fixing credit document techniques have changed with time. I figured this out in the last year that I have been working on my credit document more aggressively. I had been sending letters disputing a few collections that were not budging. Regrettably I was once beginning to think about the idea of paying the whole thing off & having them agree to delete the item from my document. I attempted working with them while I was once going through my rough patch as I am liking to call it but to them it was pay me now or they go to the next step. That is where they are now.

I had been reading an elderly credit book that I picked out of the garage. One they never bothered to put back on the book shelf after they moved. Anyway it had great ideas on learning about the credit laws & sending disputes to the credit bureaus. I had tried that as I mentioned & it wasn't working with this particular company.

Fearing the worst which would be paying these blood suckers the amount requested. I looked for more information online, as plenty of do everyday. I was once battling the idea of paying them. What I think made the difference was the fact that in my preliminary contact with the company I made the error of telling them a tiny about my designs to buy a home & stuff & I desired to do it before this whole credit for first time buyers expired. I can bet they made a tiny note on their process saying they could get extra money out of me because I was once trying to get prepared for this move.


Either way, I figured they were blowing my chance at taking advantage of this credit so I looked for better ways to dispute with them. I got my hands on a fixing credit document manual that outlined a pleasant tiny step to deal with credit collection companies that don't have the necessary documentation to collect from you. Here's what I mean.


The credit collection company had to provide me a replica of the original contract & paperwork I signed when I applied for the account. That was something I never thought about. like the book said. If I owe Joe 300 dollars, would I pay Mary 300 because he says she is calling for Joe? Duh, I never thought of asking for proof of the debt. By what I learned, I could ask the collection company for the proof of my debt. Well it worked great. Not only did they not have the copy of the original paperwork.

The original credit card company had merged with another, making it more difficult for them to source out a replica of the contract. Needles to say, I paid them nothing & they could not show proof. This gave me the chance to demand the bureaus to remove the item. That was the twist my dispute letter needed, to make it work. Again, something I never would have thought about doing while going over ideas on fixing credit document techniques. In the finish I settled with some, disputed others & had duplicates erased.


By: Rashid

No comments:

Post a Comment